Wedding Booking details
Firstly there’s the email or phone call that starts the ball rolling…..
- An appointment is booked for us to meet..
- You like me know how important your wedding day is! It is important that you feel at ease with your photographer as they will be with you throughout the whole day.
- We meet, have a chat, view albums and go through what you want out of your day and the type of photographs you’d like.
- Photography is personal to each individual photographer as everybody’s eye sees things differently, each bride and groom are individual so we all have ideas to talk about, it’s important that we achieve what you want out of your day.
- It’s good to have a look at ideas for wedding photography if you have specific shots you would like, get a storyboard together to help plan your day to get a selection of traditional, fun and arty images or you can simply leave it to me and go through the ideas when we meet again.
- The booking is confirmed, deposit paid and invoice sent.
I get in touch with you a month prior to the wedding and we meet up at the church and venue.
It’s great to meet up at the venue and church to get a feel for what you want and it gives us the opportunity to have a chat and look around the venue together as you may have your own ideas of the wedding photographs you’d like.
We talk about the type of wedding photographs you require, I always advise that you have a bit of everything it makes your album so much more interesting to have a contrast of images, traditional, group, reportage, fun and some a little arty/grainy adding a bit of an edge. Colour, black and white and sepia/aged are always great effects.
We talk about the timings of the day and how much time is allocated to your wedding photographs, I would say we are; unobtrusive, we go with the flow of the day, we sit in the background and yet we have a quite a relaxed but direct approach in organising the group and family photographs.
It’s best that you have one person who knows both sides of the family to act as a point of contact if any issues arise to make your day smooth running and relaxed.
We have a recky of your venue together and take some portrait photos of you both so that you get a feel for how I work and it’s always nice to have some photos of you both prior to becoming Mr & Mrs.
We leave feeling confident that we have the day in hand, ideas and timings all sorted.
The wedding Day…
If you have booked us for the whole day from bridal preparations through to first dance.
I arrive to cover the bride an hour and a half prior to you leaving your home/bridal room, flowers, shoes, getting ready capturing all those little moments before you leave.
My assistant photographer arrives at the church or for pre-wedding drinks to cover the Groom, best man, ushers and guests arriving prior to the ceremony.
We both cover the ceremony one at the front of the church and one at the rear to get both aspects of the service. (depending on the church rules regarding photography)
Then photos are taken outside the church if requested.
To the venue, photos leaving the church and arriving at the venue, we then leave you to relax and have your canapes and champagne for around 20 minutes, we sit in the background taking reportage and candid moments, we then take the group/requested photos and then take you off to have your individual photographs taken.
The wedding breakfast is covered before people start eating and your entrance, capturing all natural photos of guests etc…
Candid and reportage photographs are taken all throughout the day we normally take around 2000 shots on the day and narrow them down to 400-600
Having two photographers always give you a dual perspective and a great range of photographs.
We normally say first dance is 7.30-8.00 we are flexible and can stay later but there will be an hourly rate after this time of £70.00 an hour
Invariably you will receive anything in between 400 – 600 images edited in colour and black and white on a personalised USB
The images will be posted out to you within 14 days of your wedding
I’m always at the end of an email/telephone if you have any queries before or after your wedding day: 07977 110715